THE STRAWBERRY RHUBARB SPRITZ
Celebrating The Start of Summer With The Strawberry Rhubarb Spritz
Memorial Day weekend officially marks the beginning of summer. As the heat of the season seeps in, we cool down with the Strawberry Rhubarb Spritz, inspired by the classic Italian cocktail, the Aperol Spritz.
The Aperol Spritz is traditionally made with Aperol, a pleasantly bitter Italian liqueur, and sparkling prosecco. Here, we upgrade the recipe with juicy strawberries and tart rhubarb from the local farmer’s market. The result is a refreshing summer sip that’s perfect for kicking off our favorite season. Welcome back, summer!
The Strawberry Rhubarb Spritz
Makes Two Drinks
- 2 Shots Aperol
- 1/2 Shot Lemon Juice
- 4 Strawberries (plus 2 for garnish)
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Rhubarb
- 2 Stalks of Rhubarb (for garnish)
- Add the strawberries, sliced rhubarb and lemon juice to the Mason Shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the shaker until crushed.
- Add the Aperol and ice to above the level of the liquid and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice and fill with Prosecco. Garnish with the remaining strawberries and rhubarb stalks.